Seneca Forch ’20, representing Slovenia in a simulation of the Human Rights Council at the UN’s Palais des Nations, during the 2018 Geneva International Model UN conference.

Our assignment at the 2018 Geneva International Model UN (GIMUN) conference was bigger than what we could have ever comprehended. We embarked on a flight with the intention of being diplomats for our respective countries. We went to enjoy the experience of being out of our own country. In a nutshell, this is our story: yes, we represented different countries in various committees. In my case, I represented Slovenia in a simulation of the Human Rights Council. Yes, we had loads of fun and made friends along the way.

But in interacting with people from around the world, we collectively left an impact as representatives from Pace University, from New York City and from America. Together, we went in with an assignment, and despite ups and downs, left Geneva with a greater mission completed. The experience as a whole jolted a new drive and perspective in my aspirations to pursue law and diplomacy. I caught a glimpse of a bigger picture, and returned to the US both jet-lagged and motivated.

— Seneca Forch ’20