Participating in the 2017 National Model United Nations conference in New York City (NMUN NY) was one of the best choices I’ve made. I was able to meet many other eager students who came in with an open mind. At NMUN NY, I was able to learn from others and the way that they viewed the topics we were discussing.

Pace University student Sarah Khanfar ’20 at the 2017 National Model United Nations conference in New York City.

People came from all over the world to be in this conference.  It was extremely diverse. I had the opportunity to work with so many brilliant students and make connections and friendships with people from around the globe. All the hard work before the conference paid off once the conference began. It became obvious what I needed to do the moment I entered the room.

NMUN NY was an eye-opener and a mind-opener. The most exciting part was the last day when we visited the United Nations Headquarters. Having our school be selected for many awards was an honor. It proved that all the work and effort we put in as a team paid off well. Overall, the NMUN NY conference was a great opportunity that everyone should be able to have once in their life.

– Sarah Khanfar ’20